Articles and more by Prof. Ross W. Beales, Jr.
- Articles Using Ebenezer Parkman’s Diary – A list of articles written by Prof. Ross W. Beales, Jr. that make extensive use of the diary of Ebenezer Parkman.
- “Expressions of Popular Religious Sensibility”
- “‘Divine Judgments upon us’ – Responding to the Throat Distemper in Westborough, Massachusetts” – You can also watch Prof. Beales read this paper here.
- “Counting Deaths in Eighteenth-Century Westborough”
- Mutschler, Ben. The Province of Affliction: Illness and the Making of Early New England. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2020. Mutschler makes extensive use of Parkman.
- Winiarski, Douglas. Darkness Falls on the Land Of Light: Experiencing Religious Awakenings in Eighteenth-Century New England. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press, 2017. Ebenezer Parkman figures prominently in this Bancroft Prize-winning book.